Optimize your organisation’s efficiency.
Utilize an established methodology in assessing your organisation’s effectiveness.
Cultures are either created organically or through deliberate and consistent planning and action. The best organizations understand their culture and take careful steps to manage and promote it effectively. Each of the below attributes includes three to five items that define the attribute in more detail and provide more insight into how the culture works. Find out what attributes to leverage.
- Corporate culture
- Respect, fairness, trust and integrity
- Result orientation
- Employee engagement
- Defining vision, Staking out the goals, Responsibility and accountability, Learning opportunities
- Decision making
- Leadership & Management
- Change and adaptability
Arctinc’s tool for organisation analysis has been developed in order to be able to see which parts of the organisation need to be strengthened. The result is helpful in finding out what it is important to concentrate on in order for the organisation to become stronger, and also functions as an instrument to evaluate the effects of implemented change. We use the process for reviewing the development, work environment, personnel, and operation of your business. We focus on the structure and design of the organization and how the organization’s systems, capacity and functionality influence outputs. We look at the value, or mission, that guides the organization, but also its operational capacity and support environment.
This tool has been used with any from small to large companies with excellent results regarding efficiency, growth capacity and cost savings.
There are three main types of organizational structure: functional structure, divisional structure (operational structure), and a mixture of the two, called matrix structure. Organizational structures fall on a spectrum, with “mechanistic” at one end and “organic” at the other.
The six basic elements of organizational structure are: department, chain of command, span of control, centralization or decentralization, work specialization, and degree of formalization.
- Organizations exist to be able to achieve set goals
- Organizations improve efficiency and outcomes through specialization and clear division of labor
- Appropriate forms of coordination and control ensure that the efforts of different individuals and units are linked together.
- Organizations work best when rationality is given precedence over personal preferences and external pressures
- The structure must be designed in such a way that they fit the organization’s conditions (for example, in terms of goals, technology, workforce and environment)
- Problems and degraded performance arise as a result of structural weaknesses and can be addressed through analysis and restructuring.
There are a number of applicable organizational structures, however, there is no purpose to delve into these other than to mention them. This is because there is currently a structure as a starting point that can be adapted to a certain extent.
- Functional organizational structure
- Product-based divisional structure
- Market-based divisional structure
- Geographical division structure
- Process-based structure
- Matrix structure
- Circular structure
- Flat structure
- Network structure
- Hybrid structure